Action Plan for a Safer Saskatchewan
We the undersigned call on the Government of Saskatchewan to:
Provide immediate financial relief for all:
- Give all residences, renters and small businesses free, power, phone, internet and home heating through Saskatchewan's community owned Crown Corporations.
- Suspend property tax collection for residences and small businesses and replace those municipal revenues.
- Implement universal Pharmacare.
Protect the most Vulnerable:
- Short term housing and a transition to permanent housing for all homeless.
- Provide supplements for individuals on social assistance, fixed incomes and seniors to help cover added costs given the reduced availability of social supports.
Increase Workers Safety:
- Covid 19 testing for all healthcare workers and essential workers, testing for community transmission.
- Implementation of 15 days of paid sick leave for all workers, eliminate requirements for sick notes.
- Form a council of workers representatives to be included in all government decisions affecting essential workers, representatives being appointed by unions representing those industries.
- Ensure remote and rural reserves have access to all the necessary medical supplies and medicine they need.
- Healthcare and services to refugees, international students and foreign nationals trapped in Saskatchewan.